MSMTA Strategic Plan
Updated November 2018
Access a printable version here.
1. Embrace Technology
- Utilize online resources to share Conference Sessions.
- Frequently share meme-style information on additional social media accounts including Twitter and Instagram.
- Provide “How To” Sessions at State Conferences: Use of social media for local affiliates to publicize performances and other events.
- Network with other teachers using social media and online platforms.
2. Grow Membership
- Mentoring: Adopt a service‑oriented attitude toward new members so that their needs are met.
- Involve new members with special events for them and their students as soon as possible.
- Include collegiate members on MSMTA Board of Directors.
- Involve collegiate members in state conferences.
- Include scholarship winners at state and local events.
3. Increase Public Awareness
- Collaborate with other music and arts organizations.
- Organize performances for students and teachers of all instruments and voice. Offer accompanists locally.
- Have MSMTA booths at MMEA, NATS, ASTA and NFCM State Conferences.
- Invite non-member teachers to participate in Festivals, Performances, Conferences and local programs.
- Publicize student accomplishments, programs and performances. Invite local media to attend and cover important events.
- Consider limited, targeted advertising on Facebook.